Who wants Buttermilk Pancakes?
There are so many different types of Pancakes, more than you think anyway… But if you’re a fan of Maple Syrup, then these are the best!
For the Pancakes
You’re going to need:
350g of self-raising flour
2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
100g of unsalted butter
2 tbsp caster sugar (I didn’t have any and had to use granulated.. they turned out fine!)
200ml of buttermilk
400ml semi-skimmed milk
2 free range eggs (the free range part is important!)
Streaky Bacon, Blueberries, Banana, Maple Syrup… this part is up to you.
- stir together the flour, bicarbonate of soda, salt and sugar together in a big bowl
- in a jug mix together the buttermilk, milk, eggs and butter… then pour it in to the bowl of dry mixture – try and avoid lumpy bits! If there are any just leave the mixture to settle for a moment, over beating can make it worse.
- melt a bit of butter in a big frying pan. Using a ladle pour in your mixture in to the pan to make a pancake, its up to you what size, but too big and they dont cook properly and too small they go a bit crunchy on the ends.
- Flip em over once golden and stack them on a plate
- drizzle on each layer with maple syrup, chop up some banana and chuck a handful of blueberries on top! That part is the easy bit…